The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Elyssa Toomey
In this episode:
Jennifer welcomes back Elyssa Toomey, RD, following their popular episode, Top 10 Nutrition Counseling Strategies to Support Clients. In this episode, they continue their discussion with the topic of meal planning.
Together, Elyssa and Jennifer break down the 5 benefits of meal planning, and how it gives clients permission to eat nourishing foods regularly, with the structure and flexibility based on their unique needs. Listen in as they discuss how meal planning:
- Promotes balanced nutrition – to fuel their life, daily activities, and goals.
- Adds variety – by expanding their options of trying new foods and allowing exposures back into their lives.
- Helps clients feel good in their body – by eating regularly.
- Reduces stress – by decreasing anxiety with busy schedules.
- Saves time and money – by avoiding unnecessary grocery purchases and batch-cooking.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Examples of ways the 5 benefits of meal planning help individual clients.
- How nutrition counseling works with each client’s situation to incorporate meal planning into their life.
- The announcement of Jennifer and Elyssa’s new project of using the 10 principles of Intuitive Eating, and how to put it into practice with clients.
This episode is sponsored by, For Professionals: Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food. This newly updated course was created specifically for healthcare professionals to support their clients with the principles of intuitive eating and eating disorder recovery.
ABOUT ELYSSA TOOMEY, RDN
Elyssa Toomey is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a Registered Yoga Teacher. She specializes in eating disorder recovery and intuitive eating and sees clients at Jennifer McGurk’s private practice Eat With Knowledge, in Nyack NY.
LINKS / RESOURCES:“How do we help our clients to nourish themselves in the best way possible?”- Elyssa Toomey -via @JenMcGurkRDN #pursuingprivatepractice #podcastClick To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Training Programs
- Free Training: 5 Secrets To Get More Clients to your Intuitive Eating Practice
- Build a Weight Inclusive Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- 10 Mistakes Professional Make in Private Practice
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.