The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Elyssa Toomey
In this episode:
Jennifer welcomes back Elyssa Toomey, RD, following their popular episode, Top 10 Nutrition Counseling Strategies to Support Clients. In this episode, they continue their discussion with the topic of meal planning.
Together, Elyssa and Jennifer break down the 5 benefits of meal planning, and how it gives clients permission to eat nourishing foods regularly, with the structure and flexibility based on their unique needs. Listen in as they discuss how meal planning:
- Promotes balanced nutrition – to fuel their life, daily activities, and goals.
- Adds variety – by expanding their options of trying new foods and allowing exposures back into their lives.
- Helps clients feel good in their body – by eating regularly.
- Reduces stress – by decreasing anxiety with busy schedules.
- Saves time and money – by avoiding unnecessary grocery purchases and batch-cooking.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Examples of ways the 5 benefits of meal planning help individual clients.
- How nutrition counseling works with each client’s situation to incorporate meal planning into their life.
- The announcement of Jennifer and Elyssa’s new project of using the 10 principles of Intuitive Eating, and how to put it into practice with clients.
This episode is sponsored by, For Professionals: Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food. This newly updated course was created specifically for healthcare professionals to support their clients with the principles of intuitive eating and eating disorder recovery.
ABOUT ELYSSA TOOMEY, RDN
Elyssa Toomey is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a Registered Yoga Teacher. She specializes in eating disorder recovery and intuitive eating and sees clients at Jennifer McGurk’s private practice Eat With Knowledge, in Nyack NY.
LINKS / RESOURCES:“How do we help our clients to nourish themselves in the best way possible?”- Elyssa Toomey -via @JenMcGurkRDN #pursuingprivatepractice #podcastClick To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER