The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Tamara Melton is the founder of not just one, but TWO businesses, and we dive into what that’s like in this episode of the podcast.
In one year, so much has changed for Tamara in terms of her businesses and her entrepreneurial journey. She has a lot going on, and she’s very transparent about how 2020 affected her. She also shares how both of her businesses came to be.
2020 was a big year for Tamara, but I know that she has big things ahead too! She is making such a positive difference with her clients and other dietitians, and I’m so excited to see what’s in store for her in the near future.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Having a business vs. Having a brand
- Transitioning a business to be in alignment with your dreams and goals
- Serving black women
- Using storytelling as a dietitian to engage and connect with your audience
- The dangers of just “parroting what you’re told”
Dietitian Business School is a membership for dietitians that are growing a private practice and beyond! You’ll be joining a powerful group of dietitians who believe in a non-diet way of counseling.
There’s a collective energy among this group of dietitians rebelling against the dietitian “norm” to build a business and make money with a weight-inclusive approach to health. We do it differently, and we’ll show you how!
Dietitian Business School includes business education and training, group coaching and group supervision, self-care, accountability, and community all in one.
We encourage you to lean into the uncertainty and challenge yourself to do things for your business that will truly create change for you as a business owner. Come hang out with dietitians that will inspire you. www.dietitianbusinessschool.com
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT TAMARA
Tamara is the co-founder and Executive Director of Diversify Dietetics, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing racial and ethnic diversity in the field of nutrition by empowering students and young professionals from underrepresented minority groups to join the next generation of nutrition experts.
At Diversify Dietetics, Tamara oversees programming that provides resources such as mentorships, application preparation, academic course remediation and more to dietetics students, interns and young professionals of color. Tamara also leads programming for dietetics educators, to provide them with the training and skills needed to increase diversity in their dietetics programs.
Tamara has over a decade’s experience in education and academia, and has advised and taught thousands of students from diverse groups. Tamara spent several years at Georgia State University (GSU) as the inaugural Program Director of the Lewis College’s Health Informatics undergraduate and graduate programs and a Department of Nutrition Professor. At GSU Tamara grew this unique program to over 200 students, many of whom were first generation Americans and college students. She is currently a part-time instructor in the nutrition department of GSU.
- Learn more about Tamara and her business
- Connect with Tamara on Instagram via Tamara’s Table and The Storytelling Dietitian
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.