The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Alissa Rumsey joins us in this episode to do a deep dive into the experience of publishing her book, Unapologetic Eating.
We talk about so many different pieces of the book writing journey, including the business aspect of her book and what it is doing for her business, and also about being inclusive and her own journey to developing her passion for the social justice aspect of Health at Every Size.
This episode is for any non-diet HAES dietitian who is interested in learning more about what writing and publishing a book can do for your business.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Behind the scenes of Alissa’s writing process
- Marketing plans for her new book
- How Alissa plans to grow in her business after publishing her book
In celebration of Eating Disorder Awareness Week, I’m hosting a Binge Eating Disorder Workshop on Wednesday, February 24th at 12:00 EST with Elyssa Toomey and Alexis Conason. This workshop is for any dietitian who has enrolled in Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food, Version 2.0.
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT ALLISA
Alissa Rumsey, MS, RD, CDN, CSCS (she/her) is a registered dietitian, nutrition therapist, certified intuitive eating counselor, and the author of Unapologetic Eating: Make Peace With Food and Transform Your Life. Alissa is passionate about advocating for women to reclaim the space to eat and live unapologetically. She is the founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness, a weight-inclusive nutrition practice that offers virtual counseling and online programs to help people liberate themselves from dieting, cultivate a peaceful relationship to food and their bodies, and live a more authentic, connected life. Her expertise has been featured in hundreds of media outlets and she speaks regularly at events, online trainings, and conferences around the country. She calls New York City home and spends her free time exploring the city’s food scene and searching for patches of green space to sunbathe in.
- Learn more about Alissa and her business
- Connect with Alissa on Instagram and Facebook
- Purchase Unapologetic Eating!