The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk andGuest Kirsten Ackerman
Today’s guest, Kirsten Ackerman, is a member of the Pursuing Private Practice for Intuitive Eating program and has built her own thriving private practice. She is the author of the incredible book, The Intuitive Eating Plan: A Body Positive Approach to Rebuilding Your Relationship With Food.
Kirsten is a self-proclaimed multi-passionate entrepreneur. She has so many things going on in her professional life, and this podcast episode gives us a glimpse of that. On top of running her own private practice and authoring a book, she also works at a treatment center three days per week.
It was really awesome to see how Kirsten balances having all of her different business adventures and still has a life outside of business too, which is always so important!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The evolution of Kirsten business from working in a bariatric surgery clinic to an Anti-Diet Registered Dietitian
- The benefits of being multi-passionate
- Kirsten’s process of writing and publishing a book
Take Action. Don’t be afraid to take action and try things out. – Kirsten
The Pursuing Private Practice® for Intuitive Eating program is a course for dietitians and nutritionists who want to grow their private practice, get more clients, and do work they truly love to do! This course is the only course that teaches dietitians how to successfully grow a private practice that specializes in Intuitive Eating. Your investment will save you time, money, and energy in the long-run. Check out the details at pursuingprivatepractice.com/theecourse.
ABOUT KIRSTEN ACKERMAN, RD
Kirsten Ackerman is an Anti-Diet Registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. She is the Host of Intuitive Bites Podcast and has a forthcoming book entitled The Intuitive Eating Plan: A Body Positive Approach to Rebuilding Your Relationship With Food. Kirsten has a passion for helping people heal from chronic dieting and disordered eating behaviors through an Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size framework.
- Check out Kirsten’s Website
- Listen to the Intuitive Bites Podcast
- Pre-order Kirsten’s new book, The Intuitive Eating Plan: A Body Positive Approach to Rebuilding Your Relationship with Food
- Connect with Kirsten on Instagram and Twitter
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Thriving in Uncertainty
- Training Programs for Dietitians
- 10 Steps to Build a Weight Inclusive Business
- 5 Secrets To Make Money and Make An Impact In Your Private Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- Connect on Facebook and Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.