The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
So your client wants to lose weight.
As anti-diet dietitians, we aren’t immune to our clients wanting this. In fact, almost all (if not all!) of us have had to work through this with a client in the past. So what’s the right thing to do? How should we approach this?
This episode is a recording from a live workshop we held with the Dietitian Business School clients, and it was so valuable that we wanted to share the discussion with all of you.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Why our clients want to lose weight
- Recognizing different lived experiences
- Our role as clinicians in a weight-inclusive approach
- How social justice issues play a role in our clients’ journeys
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.