The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Robyn Goldberg
In this episode, Robyn Goldberg and I are deep diving into the process of writing and publishing a book, and we focus specifically on the business aspect of this amazing endeavor.
Robyn recently released a book, The Eating Disorder Trap: A Guide for Clinicians and Loved Ones. The book is awesome, and while I’m so excited for everyone to hear more about the book itself, we also talk about the process of writing a book as a business opportunity.
The book is just the tip of the iceberg for Robyn. She has so many incredible ideas about marketing a book and getting the message out, and she shares about what she wants her life to look like in the future.
I hope this episode will inspire you to start thinking big, too! What if you put your heart and soul into a project like this? What would that look like? What could it do for your business? How could it support your mission?
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Making the decision to write a book
- The book writing process
- Self-publishing vs. working with a publisher
- Marketing her book during the pandemic
The Pursuing Private Practice®: Beginner Basics program is a course designed to take dietitians and nutritionists from knowing nothing about running their own business to booking their first client! Beginner Basics is the only course that teaches dietitians how to successfully start and grow a private practice that specializes in Intuitive Eating. Your investment will save you time, money, and energy in the long-run. Check out the details at pursuingprivatepractice.com/beginner-basics.
ABOUT ROBYN GOLDBERG
Robyn began her career at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles as the in-patient dietitian in the Department of Cardiology. Over the last twenty- three years she has developed her own private practice in Beverly Hills, CA, where she specializes in medical conditions, disordered eating, eating disorders, Health at Every Size, pre-pregnancy nutrition, and people in recovery. Robyn is a Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian and Supervisor from IAEDP She serves as a Nutrition Consultant for the Celiac Disease Foundation. For the last eight years Robyn was the Nutrition Counselor for the Susan Krevoy Eating Disorders Program at The Wright Institute Los Angeles, led eating disorder and body image groups at various sober livings in Los Angeles. She is a contributing author and is a nationally known registered dietitian nutritionist. She has been quoted in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, The Fix, Shape Magazine, Fitness, Oxygen, Pilates Style, Diabetes Forecast, BH Weekly and Life & Style. She has been on national television as the eating disorder expert on The Insider. Robyn is the author of the new book The Eating Disorder Trap: A Guide for Clinicians and Loved Ones.
- Websites: www.askaboutfood.com and www.theeatingdisordertrap.com
- The Therapist Writer by Silvia Cary (book)
- APE: Author Publisher Entrepreneur (book)
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.