The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Welcome Natalie Harris to the Pursuing Private Practice podcast!
In this episode, she shares so many vulnerable moments in her career with us. So much of what she talks about is very relatable.
Natalie talks about imposter syndrome and feeling undervalued by other health care professionals. She also talks about feelings of resentment she has had around the salaries of many dietitians.
We have an honest discussion about how to take these difficult situations into our own hands and turn them around to feel empowered and valuable.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Finding your passion in business
- Owning a business when you don’t feel “entrepreneurial”
- When dietetics isn’t profitable
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT NATALIE HARRIS
Natalie Harris, is the owner of Permission Dietitian, a private practice in Wisconsin. She is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and also has received training from the Ellyn Satter Institute. Natalie has work experience ranging from Inpatient, Residential, Partial Hospitalization (PHP), Intensive outpatient (IOP), and outpatient counseling. Her continuing education focuses on eating disorder recovery and “dieting disorder” recovery. Mentoring and supervision are a priority for Natalie, as she values learning from many experts in the field. She is also a mom to 4 children.
- Connect with Natalie on Instagram
- Listen to Beth Harrell’s podcast with Melanie Rogers