The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I LOVED recording this episode with Jessica Serdikoff Romola. I’m so excited to get it out into the world for all of you. Jess and I talked very openly and honestly about how supervision is so important for dietitians, for our career, and for all the imposter feelings that we have. Jess termed the phrase “imposter feelings” — I love it – instead of “imposter syndrome” and we talk about why in the podcast episode. I think you’ll really enjoy hearing Jess and I discuss what goes into supervision and break down how it can absolutely transform your business as a dietitian.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What is supervision and “imposter feelings”
- Challenges dietitians face and how supervision can help by providing support, advocacy, and growth
- How to handle emotional reactions and over-identification with clients
- Shifting into group supervision from 1:1 coaching
Congrats on starting a private practice!
I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!)
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT JESSICA SERDIKOFF ROMOLA
Jessica Serdikoff Romola is a NJ-based dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who splits her time between an intuitive eating virtual private practice; and a full-time supervision business for fellow dietitians feeling overwhelmed by burnout, imposter feelings, and paralyzing perfectionism. In both group and 1:1 supervision, Jess helps her colleagues more clearly define their professional identities and values, set better boundaries, and build confidence in their work. She specializes in case consultations for intuitive eating and weight-inclusive care.
- Learn more about Jessica and her business
- Listen to the Empowering Dietitians Podcast
- Join Jess’s email list
- Join Jessica’s upcoming Free 4-day workshop for Dietitians (March 7-10, 2022)
- Connect with Jessica on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter