The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I absolutely loved recording this episode with Elyssa Toomey. Elyssa is the Nutrition Director here at Pursuing Private Practice. She also works within my private practice, Eat With Knowledge, as both a clinician and a supervisor.
We know how important supervision is, so we wanted to record an episode together to talk about the benefits of supervision, not only individual supervision but group and peer supervision as well.
I truly feel that supervision is key to growing as a professional and as a human being.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Why supervision is helpful for your business
- What you can expect to gain from supervision
- How supervision helps with your client retention
Are you feeling burnt out and resentful of your private practice?
In this free 3-part video series, you will learn: what self-care means to you and WHY it’s so important, how to set financial boundaries so that you never undervalue your worth, and how to identify your own personal triggers in difficult situations so that you can know how to move forward when you feel stuck. Sign up at https://pursuingprivatepractice.com/selfcare/
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT ELYSSA TOOMEY
- Elyssa Toomey, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) is the Nutrition Director for Pursuing Private Practice and Eat With Knowledge. She provides ongoing clinical supervision to the dietitians in Pursuing Private Practice’s Dietitian Business School program. She also helps to lead Eat With Knowledge by providing supervision and case consultation. Elyssa has recently submitted her application to IADEP as a CEDRD-S candidate.
Elyssa’s work has been featured at conferences and on podcasts. She has spoken on the topics of Binge Eating Disorder, Emotional Eating, Intuitive Eating, and using somatic work with clients.
Elyssa has spent her career creating change for individuals, families, and communities. Elyssa is committed to dismantling diet culture and believes helping people heal their relationship with food and body is her calling.
Elyssa combines medical nutrition therapy with advanced training in eating disorders, intuitive eating, yoga, mindfulness, and functional medicine. She believes in an integrative approach, blending evidenced-based science with Eastern philosophies and embodiment practices to help her clients recover and live full, meaningful lives.
Elyssa supports her clients in finding their unique work-life-family-self balance. Elyssa is a passionate foodie and yogini who believes that living a life that nourishes you at every level is the answer to authentic health, happiness, and success. Connect with Elyssa on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.