The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
Jen Haefele is a member of the Pursuing Private Practice program, and I absolutely love the energy she brings to the group. This interview is a true reflection of her positive energy. She talks about her goals and dreams, and she talks about the future of her career.
I love to talk with dietitians who are in her position – she is just beginning her journey into private practice. I tend to interview dietitians who are further along in their journeys, but I really want to start featuring more dietitians who are in the beginning stages of their businesses. It is so exciting to hear what they are doing now to build their businesses AND what their goals and dreams are for the future.
Jen has some really unique and fun ideas in her “parking lot” of ideas for the future, and I cannot wait to see what she does with her business in the coming months!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Jen’s numerous college degrees and what ultimately drove her to her work within Intuitive Eating.
- The most critical marketing steps to take when launching your private practice
- The challenge of dividing time between working for someone else and starting your own private practice
- Incorporating physical exercise with dietetic counseling
This episode of Pursuing Private Practice is sponsored by Jennifer’s free training, The Five Essential Business Strategies for Growth. Jennifer will teach you her own proven strategies to help you make money and make an impact in the world without all of the confusion or overwhelm. You will walk away from the training with your own personalized plan to get new clients to your private practice (and keep them coming back!). Sign up here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
ABOUT JEN HAEFELE, RDN
Jen Haefele is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist focusing on eating disorder recovery nutrition in her full time position at the PHP/IOP levels as well as in her private practice, RDN Jen. She is also an ACSM certified personal trainer, an AEA certified instructor, and an AFAA certified group exercise instructor with ten years of experience in the fitness industry. She is a strong advocate for approaching nutrition and exercise through the lens of Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size and currently holds positions through the Genesse Dietetic Association, New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Academy’s House of Delegates. She enjoys speaking about any variety of nutrition and exercise topics and is a regular on the American Diabetes Association’s Health in a Handbasket segment on 13WHAM.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.