The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I’ve wanted to have Alyssa on the podcast for a while now, and this interview with her does not disappoint!
I’ve watched her put so much effort into growing her business in the past year, and I’m so excited to have her on to share exactly how she grew her group private practice.
We talk a lot about doing hard things, whether that means doing something new that you’ve never done before or challenging yourself in a certain business decision. Alyssa has so much great advice to share!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Alyssa’s journey from employee to business owner
- The hard side of owning a business
- Building a sustainable business model
- Outsourcing and hiring contractors and employees
To me, self care isn’t just about getting lunch with your friends and getting your nails done. Self care means setting good boundaries, making hard decisions, doing things that challenge you, and thinking about how to build your business in a way that works for you, not necessarily everyone else around you.
I have a brand new (FREE) video series out where I’m sharing the top 3 boundaries that are important for business growth and to thrive as a business owner, based on a lot of trial and error and years of experience as a dietitian. Sign up at www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/selfcare
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT ALLYSA
Alyssa Snow Callahan, MS, RDN, is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, certified Intuitive Eating counselor, and author of The Mindful Eating Journal. She is also the owner of Nourished with Kindness, a dietitian group practice specializing in eating disorders and weight-neutral nutrition therapy based outside of Los Angeles. Alyssa specializes in eating disorders, binge eating, emotional eating, and body image in teens and adults. She graduated with her Masters in Nutritional Science from California State University at Los Angeles, and previously worked as a clinical dietitian cross-trained in the adult intensive care, pediatric, and neonatal care units as well as working at an eating disorder treatment center. Originally from New Hampshire, Alyssa graduated from Boston University and worked in Washington, D.C. in health care public affairs before becoming a dietitian.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.