The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Alex Raymond
Did you know you don’t have to have clinical experience before opening up a private practice?!
In today’s episode of the Pursuing Private Practice Podcast, Alex Raymond and I have a really honest conversation about clinical experience. Clinical experience is completely different from the experience of owning and running a private practice.
So many internship preceptors preach to their interns that clinical experience is a requirement for becoming a successful dietitian, and this just isn’t true if you want to run a private practice.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Alex’s story of deciding not to get clinical experience
- Starting out in private practice
- Growing as a counselor
- Running a private practice as a partnership
The Pursuing Private Practice®: Beginner Basics program is a course designed to take dietitians and nutritionists from knowing nothing about running their own business to booking their first client! Beginner Basics is the only course that teaches dietitians how to successfully start and grow a private practice that specializes in Intuitive Eating. Your investment will save you time, money, and energy in the long-run. Check out the details at pursuingprivatepractice.com/beginner-basics.
ABOUT ALEX RAYMOND
Alex Raymond is a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian and co-founder of the private practice Courage to Nourish Nutrition located in College Park and Columbia, MD. She specializes in eating disorder recovery nutrition and is committed to supporting her clients in finding peace with food and body. She aligns herself with intuitive eating and Health at Every Size (c) philosophies. Alex enjoys speaking to both large and small groups on healing body image, weight inclusivity, and intuitive eating.
- Visit Alex’s website
- Connect with Alex on Facebook and Instagram
- Anna Lutz and Sunny Side Up Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.