The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
This episode is so inspirational for any of you that are wanting to start a business.
Sammy walks us through the fear she felt at opening her own private practice and what she had to do to overcome these feelings. There are going to be ups and downs when you start your business, and Sammy talks through her process of expecting and preparing for this.
A unique part of Sammy’s journey is that she opened her private practice immediately following the completion of her dietetic internship. Sammy is a dietitian who is leading the way for others.
I hope this episode inspires you as much as it inspired me!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Going against the grain and following your heart
- Your business is your own. You can always change your mind.
- The vulnerability we may experience when starting a business
- Giving yourself grace as you navigate all of the decision making that comes with owning your own business
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
MORE ABOUT SAMMY
Sammy is a Registered Dietitian and owner of Rising Up Nutrition Counseling, a weight-inclusive, non-diet nutrition private practice in Dallas, TX. It is her mission to empower clients to rise up, out from under the pressure of diet culture, into a healed, balanced and restored relationship with food and their body. She focuses on Intuitive Eating, chronic dieting and body image concerns, and disordered eating/eating disorders. She received a Bachelor’s of Science from Oklahoma State University and completed her Masters of Clinical Nutrition as well as her dietetic internship at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
- Connect with Sammy on Instagram