The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
Fiona Young joins me on this episode to talk about how we can merge MNT recommendations with an intuitive eating, non-diet, weight-inclusive approach.
We talk about how our own eating disorder recovery journeys have led us to want and crave healthier options for food. Nutrition is a big deal to both of us, but it’s only one aspect of someone’s overall health. Health outcomes are largely based on our environment, not our individual personal choices, but we do recognize that the influence that our choices do have can be important.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Making intuitive eating fit with the treatment of chronic conditions
- Transitioning from leaving full-time work to do part-time work + private practice and then to private practice only
- Transitioning from a scarcity mindset to one of confidence
- How to appreciate eating nutrient-dense foods while also supporting others who shouldn’t be focused on the “health” of foods
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT FIONA YOUNG
Fiona Young, MS, RD, is a Registered Dietitian in private practice treating patients with eating disorders and chronic illnesses. She has experience working with the IOP and PHP levels of care, and research experience from working with the Stanford Prevention Research Center. Her approach uses Motivational Interviewing, CBT, and an Intuitive Eating framework to help clients experience freedom around food while reducing blood pressure, cholesterol, and A1C. Fiona also teaches Science, Physiology, and Nutrition at San Jose State University, a GE course for non-science majors.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.