The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Evelyn Tribole
In this episode:
Jennifer kicks off 2020 by welcoming Intuitive Eating industry leader Evelyn Tribole to the Pursuing Private Practice Podcast. This first episode of the year is full of Evelyn’s personal insights, reflections and stories on the Intuitive Eating movement, and is not to be missed.
With the much anticipated release in 2020 of the 4th edition of Intuitive Eating: An Anti-Diet Revolutionary Approach, Evelyn reveals to Jennifer what’s been changed, what motivated her and co-author Elyse Resch to modify it, and their surprising need to scrub weight stigmatizing statements.
Evelyn discusses her supervision training experiences with other healthcare professionals, and how Intuitive Eating is moving beyond Dietitians to other specialties and international professionals. She acknowledges how the Intuitive Eating principles are utilized differently by other practitioners, the importance of teaching the same message, and adhering to scope of practice as the movement continues to grow globally.
Together Jennifer and Evelyn reflect on how the Intuitive Eating movement is still evolving, and how Evelyn balances work and life with all the big changes for Intuitive Eating over the past few years.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- How Intuitive Eating has evolved and changes to the book’s 4th edition coming out in June, 2020.
- How Evelyn uses her support system to run her business, her meditation practice, ways she juggles work-life balance to stay energized, and what she would tell her younger self.
- Her recent entry to Instagram, discovering the online community, and her new role as an Instagram influencer.
- How the marketing efforts of certified Intuitive Eating Counsellors can cross the lines with weight loss and the need to be in alignment to represent the brand, and ways different marketing approaches can be very successful and explodes their practice.
- What’s next for Intuitive Eating, and her plans to train more health professionals to continue impacting the world.
“I’ve had so many Dietitians tell me they were about to quit the profession, and then they found Intuitive Eating and it lifted them up.” –Evelyn Tribole
This episode is sponsored by a free on-demand training for professionals, the 5 Secrets To Make Money and Make An Impact In Your Private Practice. On this training, you will discover 5 “Easy to Implement” tactics to GROW your Private Practice with a Specialty in Intuitive Eating.
ABOUT EVELYN TRIBOLE, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S is the author of 9 books and co-author of the bestselling Intuitive Eating, a mind-body self-care eating framework with 10 principles, which has given rise to over 100 studies to date showing benefit. Evelyn enjoys public speaking around the world and trains health professionals on how to help their clients cultivate a healthy relationship with food, mind, and body through the process of Intuitive Eating.
To date there are over 950 Certified Intuitive Eating Counselors in 23 countries. The media often seeks Evelyn for her expertise, appearing in hundreds of interviews, including CNN, NBC’s Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, Vogue, and People magazine. Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, and a national spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for six years. Evelyn qualified for the Olympic Trials in the first ever women’s marathon in 1984. Although she no longer competes, she is a wicked ping-pong player and avid hiker.
LINKS / RESOURCES:
- Websites: evelyntribole.com and intuitiveeating.org
- Connect with Evelyn on Instagram
- New Book: Intuitive Eating, 4th Edition: An Anti-Diet Revolutionary Approach
- Work book: The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food
- “The Anti-Diet” – Evelyn’s guest appearance on Podcast ‘Ten Percent Happier’, with Dan Harris
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Training Programs for Dietitians
- 5 Secrets To Make Money and Make An Impact In Your Private Practice
- Build a Weight Inclusive Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.