The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Diana Rice
In this episode:
Diana Rice, RD, LD, CLEC joins Jennifer to share how she became a Dietitian as a second career specializing in family nutrition after working in media as a journalist, in order to blend her passion for writing and food with her expertise in nutrition.
Together, Diana and Jennifer discuss her path of discovering intuitive eating and how she already naturally lived in alignment with its philosophy, rather than discovering it from struggling with her own food disorder.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Diana’s story of working as an intuitive eating practitioner without having her own recovery story.
- Her journey of raising a family, moving, and how she’s networked and built a private practice in a family-oriented community.
- How Diana obtained ‘The SOS Approach to Feeding’ training, to effectively work in family nutrition with millennial parents.
- How private practice set the foundation for Diana and her future projects and goals.
This episode is sponsored by a free on-demand training for professionals, the 5 Secrets To Make Money and Make An Impact In Your Private Practice. On this training, you will discover 5 “Easy to Implement” tactics to GROW your Private Practice with a Specialty in Intuitive Eating.
ABOUT DIANA K RICE
Diana K. Rice, RD, LD, CLEC is a registered dietitian, certified lactation educator counselor and a mom of two who is passionate about helping families work healthy habits into their busy lives. Her practice, Diana K. Rice Nutrition, LLC, focuses on non-diet maternal and pediatric nutrition care. Diana is also a freelance writer and consultant and teaches local workshops in her new home of Oklahoma City, OK.
LINKS / RESOURCES:“My personal calling became helping families all enjoy a healthy relationship with food -via @DianaKRice #pursuingprivatepractice #podcast @JenMcGurkRDN,Click To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Training Programs
- Free Training: 5 Secrets To Get More Clients to your Intuitive Eating Practice
- Build a Weight Inclusive Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- 10 Mistakes Professional Make in Private Practice
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.