The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Beth Rosen
In this episode:
Jennifer is delighted to have Beth Rosen as her guest on this episode of the Pursuing Private Practice Podcast. As a non-diet Registered Dietitian for over 20 years, Beth shares her journey of gaining expertise in the area of digestive health within the niche of intuitive eating.
From her early career in corporate wellness, Beth reflects on her discovery of HAES and Intuitive Eating, and how her awareness evolved from the diet culture approach. After taking a break to raise her children, Beth re-took her RD exam and tells of her transition to private practice and niching down.
She also looks back on how she transitioned from imposing food restrictions on her children’s diets to allowing them to choose for themselves, crediting this approach to their current practice of natural intuitive eating.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Juggling motherhood and career, and the benefits of private practice.
- How managing her own IBS symptoms led to her expertise of the Low FODMAP diet, and why she niched down to disordered eating for clients with gut health issues.
- How private practice and her client’s issues inspired Beth to create online courses and programs for clients with digestive health issues.
- The satisfaction of referring other HAES dietitians that are niched down in a specialty without the diet culture approach.
- The opportunities to learn from others of like-mind in the HAES-informed dietitian community.
- Beth’s work with Low FODMAP brands to educate the public about healthy food product choices that promote digestive health.
- Her well-seasoned advice for those entering private practice, and for those wanting to create a course.
This episode is sponsored by a free resource for professionals wanting to build a Weight Inclusive Private Practice, 10 Steps to Build a Weight Inclusive Business. This is ideal for those looking to transform their practice to incorporate the principles of a Health at Every Size® approach, Intuitive Eating, and body positivity.
ABOUT BETH ROSEN, MS, RD, CDN
Beth Rosen has been a non-diet Registered Dietitian for over 20 years and the owner of Goodness Gracious Living Nutrition in Southbury, CT, (and virtually!) Her expertise is in helping clients find relief from digestive disorders such as Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS), Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), Gastroparesis, and Colitis and is well-versed in the nuances of the low-FODMAP dietary intervention. Beth also empowers clients to mend their relationship with food and their bodies and feel good in the skin they are in.
LINKS / RESOURCES:“My hope is that in 5 years part of that gluten-free aisle is dedicated to Low FODMAP consumers.” – Beth Rosen @GGLiving #pursuingprivatepractice #podcast Click To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Training Programs for Dietitians
- 5 Secrets To Make Money and Make An Impact In Your Private Practice
- Build a Weight Inclusive Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- 10 Mistakes Dietitians Make in Private Practice
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.