The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
This podcast episode is so inspirational to me.
I have followed along as Diversify Dietetics has grown in the past few years, and it is so amazing to see this organization solve problems every single day that no other organization was able to do before them.
Deanna and I talk about the formation of Diversify Dietetics (shoutout to co-founder Tamara Melton!) and the hugely positive impact that has been made because of this organization. This is where true change happens.
We also talk about the grassroots foundation of Diversify Dietetics. These women have poured everything they have into this organization because they believe in the mission so strongly, and that is so inspiring to me as a business owner.
I believe in Diversify Dietetics. We need more cultural, racial, and ethnic representation in the field of dietetics.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The power of grassroots organizing
- How Diversify Dietetics started
- Offering a dietetic internship
- Creating and fostering a diverse community
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT DEANNA BELLENY LEWIS
Deanna Belleny Lewis is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Public Health Practitioner currently living in Oakland California. She is the co-founder of Diversify Dietetics, a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing the racial and ethnic diversity in the field of nutrition by empowering nutrition leaders of color. She additionally works at the Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care as the Assistant Director of Health Systems Transformation. Deanna is passionate about creating system-level changes that positively impact the health and equity of historically excluded communities.
- Follow her work at www.deannabellenylewis.com
- Connect with Deanna on Instagram @deanna.rdn and @diversifydietetics.