The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
If you are a dietitian interested in sports nutrition, this episode is for you!
Jill Merkel has such an amazing story about how she combines her passion with a need in the marketplace. She actually has many different ideal clients who are all interested in sports nutrition for different reasons. She has 1:1 private practice time, an intuitive eating group, and she works with an NFL team. We talk about the many different things that she does as a dietitian and how they all combine to create a unique and fulfilling business model.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Creating a unique private practice business model
- Doing challenging things and the ripple effect of overcoming these challenges
- The effects of COVID-19 on Jill’s business and personal life
Dietitian Business School is a membership for dietitians that are growing a private practice and beyond! You’ll be joining a powerful group of dietitians who believe in a non-diet way of counseling.
There’s a collective energy among this group of dietitians rebelling against the dietitian “norm” to build a business and make money with a weight-inclusive approach to health. We do it differently, we’ll show you how!
Dietitian Business School includes business education and training, group coaching and group supervision, self-care, accountability, and community all in one.
We encourage you to lean into the uncertainty and challenge yourself to do things for your business that will truly create change for you as a business owner. Come hang out with dietitians who will inspire you.
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT JILL MERKEL
Jill Merkel is an anti-diet Registered Dietitian specializing in body image, chronic dieting, disordered eating, and sports nutrition. She has worked in collegiate athletics and in corporate wellness prior to starting her private practice in January 2017. She is also in her 5th season as the team dietitian for the NFL Tennessee Titans. In her free time, Jill loves to read, travel, and run races. She has a goal to run a race in all 50 states and she is over halfway there! She is also the proud dog mom to Stella, a 5-month-old mini schnoodle.
- Connect with Jill on Instagram