The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I love this episode so much. Amanda Mittman joins us to talk about gaining the confidence to start a private practice, figuring out what the next steps are, and also knowing when you have to coast in your business.
Amanda is a perfect example of this. She is so crazy busy right now with so much on her plate. She’s not able to actually grow her private practice any more in this present moment, although she has goals and dreams for growing her business in the future. If you have ever felt this way, you will really relate to this episode. Amanda is a perfect example of someone who is taking the time to think about what’s best for her business as an act of self care.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Making a career change
- Setting boundaries and creating a marketing strategy that supports them
- You don’t have to be “all or nothing” in your private practice
- Saying “No” and dealing with the feelings of letting others down
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT AMANDA MITTMAN
Amanda Mittman is an anti-diet, weight inclusive Registered Dietitian and owner of Happy Valley Nutrition in Western Massachusetts. She has found great success in sharing Intuitive Eating and Health At Every Size (HAES) paradigms with her clients and is dedicated to helping people ditch “diet culture” and find freedom and acceptance around their body and food. Amanda will receive her Masters of Functional Nutrition in April 2021 with the goal to bridge functional medicine and Health at Every Size paradigms. In addition to her private practice, Amanda works at an integrative family medical practice where she loves to bring in the non-diet approach to MNT. She leads monthly groups and workshops on body image and Intuitive eating to create community around ditching diet culture.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.