The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Melainie Rogers
Melainie Rogers is someone that I have looked up to for a very long time. I was lucky enough to get to know her while I was living in New York City, even though I wasn’t necessarily practicing in the eating disorder field like I am now.
I’ve always known about her and her treatment center and I’m just in awe of what she’s built. It’s such an honor for me to have her on the podcast.
Her business has evolved pretty drastically over the years. She talks about her unique journey of going from solo dietitian in private practice to a group private practice to actually building a treatment center that truly supports her mission to support eating disorder recovery and her clients in the best way possible. She’s also growing her virtual practice and offers a variety of online courses that are especially helpful during this COVID-19 crisis.
Melanie has such an incredible mission for her company, I’m excited to see what’s next for her!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Melainie’s incredible journey to CEO of BALANCE Eating Disorder Treatment Center™
- Giving ourselves permission to pivot and evolve in our businesses when we feel called to
- Shifting into a CEO mindset
- Learning to delegate to a team
When our clients hear that others have recovered, it gives them hope. – Melainie
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
ABOUT MELAINIE ROGERS, MS, RDN, CDN, CEDRD-S
Melainie Rogers, MS, RDN, CDN, CEDRD-S is a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian and an IAEDP accredited supervisor in the treatment of eating disorders. She is the Founder and Executive Director of BALANCE Eating Disorder Treatment Center™ and Melainie Rogers Nutrition, LLC in New York City. BALANCE offers an integrative treatment approach based on the nutritional philosophy of Intuitive Eating and the wellness mission of Health At Every Size. Among her many affiliations, Melainie is the founder and past president of the New York City Chapter of the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP), an Advisory Board Member at the Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia (CSAB) and a former Board Member of the Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA). She is also an adjunct professor in the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies at New York University. Melainie is the author of an online eBook, now in print, entitled Redefining Wellness: The Ultimate Diet-Free Guide. The publication is a compilation of writings by eating disorder and body positive advocates from around the world and is a comprehensive international resource guide.
Melainie has earned a strong reputation among her colleagues as an expert in the field of eating disorders. She is a dynamic speaker and has been invited to present nationally and internationally on the latest scientific discoveries and treatment approaches within the eating disorder profession.
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.