The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Fiona Sutherland
In this episode:
Fiona is the first guest that I interviewed post-Coronavirus outbreak. This episode is the perfect way to open up the really difficult conversations that we are going to be having moving forward as the crisis continues and our clients and ourselves attempt to navigate the uncertainty. The work that we do with our clients is completely different than it was prior to this crisis.
This is an unprecedented time in our world, and we need to continue to have these conversations. None of us have the answers. All we can really do is bond together, build community, go forward in our businesses, and try to do the very best that we can.
This conversation with Fiona helped me tremendously, it felt like a supervision session. Our clients need us now more than ever. We need each other now more than ever. I hope that this episode brings you some peace and some permission to feel all the feelings, and I hope that this episode brings you some joy in the uncertainty!
None of us like uncertainty. It’s like a human kryptonite really in lots of ways. -Fiona Sutherland
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What can we do when it feels like the world is crashing down around us?
- Can we actually still run our businesses right now? + the advice I wish I could have given myself two weeks ago!
- Best practices for running a virtual practice
- The importance of having our own self-care practices in place
You have to think about everything, but you don’t have to think about everything all at once. -Jennifer McGurk
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
ABOUT FIONA SUTHERLAND
Fiona Sutherland is Director of The Mindful Dietitian and lives in Melbourne, Australia. She has been practicing as a Dietitian for over 20 years primarily in the areas of eating behavior, eating disorders, body image, sports nutrition & education/training. Fiona is a committed Non Diet Dietitian, and is specifically most passionate about supporting & educating Health Professionals to develop skills and insight into working with clients from a weight-inclusive, heart centered lens.
She is host of the Podcast “The Mindful Dietitian” and a Sports Dietitian, working with emerging professional dancers at The Australian Ballet School. Fiona also teaches across Masters Level Dietetic training programs at several different Universities in Melbourne specifically in Counseling Skills and Weight Inclusive Approaches in Dietetics.
Fiona is a dedicated mindfulness practitioner and Yoga Teacher, bringing a particular emphasis on embodiment, mindful eating and body image into her work and training. She is a great lover of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and trauma-informed approaches to therapeutic work.
- Fiona’s website: https://www.themindfuldietitian.com.au/
- Online Training: https://www.themindfuldietitian.com.au/online-learning
- Connect with Fiona on Instagram
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.