The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode, I’m joined by Elyssa Toomey, Nutrition Director at Eat With Knowledge and Pursuing Private Practice. Today we’re talking about our roles as non-diet, anti-diet dietitians. We are so passionate about our mission and vision for the world.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What it means to be an anti-diet dietitian
- Privilege and how it shows up in our work, both consciously and unconsciously
- Why anti-diet work is more important now than ever
- What it’s like to practice anti-diet work
Here are resources we recommend for reading more about the anti-diet movement:
- Intuitive Eating
- Nutrition Counseling in the Treatment of ED
- 8 Keys to Eating Disorder Recovery
- Sick Enough
- The Body is Not An Apology
- How to Nourish Your Child Through an Eating Disorder
- Extreme Picky Eating
- Unapologetic Eating
- Fearing the Black Body
- Gentle Nutrition
- The Diet-Free Revolution
- Healthy Eating for Life
- What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Fat
- How to Raise an Intuitive Eater
- For Professionals: Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food course *This course is closing for enrollment April 1st! We are moving the content to our membership program Dietitian Business School in July 2022.
Build your confidence as a dietitian. If you’ve ever wondered:
- How to use the philosophies of Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size®, eating disorder recovery, and body positivity in your work as a dietitian.
- How to use your nutrition knowledge and actually apply it to client sessions.
- How to teach clients about health and wellness as a non-diet dietitian.
- What to say in difficult situations, because you WILL face challenging cases (and you can do hard things!)
Help Your Clients Feel Fabulous About Food was made for you! Enrollment is open through April 1st. You can get all of the details here.
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER