The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I was nervous to record this episode of the podcast for you, and I’m never nervous to record podcasts.
I want to talk about money.
Specifically why I charge the prices I charge in my business.
I wouldn’t say I’ve been avoiding talking about this topic, but I haven’t purposefully come out and stated my feelings about money in business yet. Lately it feels like I’ve been having this conversation more and more with the dietitians in Dietitian Business School, so that is prompting me to come on here and say: If you are a dietitian who wants to dive into the topic of money and how to charge for your work, you are welcome to join Dietitian Business School and have that conversation with us.
So let’s talk about it. I want to talk about this in a positive light and take away some of the shame that some of us feel around money and what to charge in our businesses. And as always, I want to hear your thoughts on this!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Financial privilege
- Investing and where to put your money
- Shame around money
- Making money as an act of self care
- We Should All Be Millionaires: The Club
I created Pursuing Private Practice: Dietitian Business School to support dietitians in building a business that makes a lasting impact on their clients’ lives.
Dietitian Business School is the Go-To Resource for like-minded dietitians who want to build a private practice and expand their business. We’ve combined the best of business coaching + supervision + self-care + accountability + community all in one. Learn more here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.