The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Kelly Neilson joins us on this episode of Pursuing Private Practice to talk about all things virtual private practice and online business. She started her own virtual private practice years ago before the COVID pandemic, but she shares a lot of valuable advice for those of you that are new to the virtual practice world.
Kelly tells the story of how her family’s move across the country ultimately inspired her to start her virtual private practice.
A virtual business model has given Kelly the freedom and flexibility she wanted when she became a mother. She has very strong boundaries around her work that many of us can relate to and learn from – she isn’t willing to sacrifice time with her kids for work. She shares some great tips for balancing both.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The benefits of a virtual business
- Adjusting your expectations as your circumstances change
- Balancing motherhood and owning a business
- Advice for starting a virtual business as a parent
Want 3 new clients this week?! Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp Challenge to learn the 3 marketing strategies you need to land 3 new clients (and keep them coming back!). Get the details and join here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
ABOUT KELLY NEILSON, MDA, RD, LD
Kelly has been helping to heal individuals struggling with eating disorders and disordered eating since she became a dietitian in 2014 and hasn’t looked back! Kelly received her Masters in Dietetic Administration which helped her launch her private practice in 2017. She is passionate about Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size and loves teaching her clients and her 3 children how to feel peace about food and their bodies. Her greatest professional accomplishment is that she didn’t have to choose between motherhood and a career–she was able to have both!
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.