The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
As non-diet dietitians, we are already immersing ourselves into more inclusive spaces, especially when it comes to body positivity and Health At Every Size. We really try to honor our clients exactly where they are at in their relationships with food, movement, and their bodies.
However, I do think that we sometimes forget to take into account the cultural aspect of these relationships.
Dalina Soto saw this problem. She wanted to make the intuitive eating movement accessible to the Latina community. She has built her business by talking about how important culture really is when we are talking about food choices in the weight-inclusive space.
Dalina has just released a webinar where she talks through how to have cultural humility when talking to Latinx families and individuals. Check out the webinar here.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- How culture intersects with our food choices
- Identifying a problem and solving it in your business
- Creating an offer that is specific to your audience
Looking to grow your business?
When they first start out, most dietitians have no idea how to actually market themselves and their business. They just throw things out to the world, without any official strategy in place.
This marketing bootcamp will give you 3 fundamental marketing strategies to get at least 3 new clients to your business: https://pursuingprivatepractice.com/challenge
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT DALINA SOTO
Dalina Soto MA, RD, LDN is a Spanish speaking registered dietitian. Dalina works as one of the few Spanish speaking RDs in the Philadelphia area and virtually across the country, teaching her clients how to ditch the diet mentality and keep their culture alive.
- Learn more about Dalina and her business
- Diversity in Nutrition Education
- Connect with Dalina on Instagram