Clinical Supervision for Dietitians with Registered Dietitian, Jennifer McGurk
One of the best parts about my job is the opportunity to train others in the work that I do. I am so passionate about helping dietitians develop skills to become the best healthcare professional they can be and to grow professionally to reach their career goals. I am an official iaedp-approved clinical supervisor and supervision hours will go toward the CEDRD credential.
I offer clinical supervision to dietitians interested in training for eating disorders, intuitive eating and exercise, body image, and my own program that I developed based on my nutrition philosophy, the Feel Fabulous About Food program. I also offer business coaching and resources to dietitians wanting to start and grow a private practice.
HOW DOES SUPERVISION WORK?
We will work together to first assess your needs for supervision and/or business coaching and form an action plan tailored for you. Supervision can be short-term or an ongoing relationship depending on your situation. It’s generally recommended that professionals receive supervision minimally once per month. Supervision is set up to help professionals reflect and assess about areas they need support, and get answers and resources for these issues. Some of the most popular topics include:
- Assessment of overall nutrition patterns in clients, especially for clients with active eating disorders and disordered eating
- Language and dialogue appropriate for sensitives around weight-inclusive wellness
- Assessment of client’s thoughts and behaviors related to nutrition and health
- Education to increase your confidence in building relationships with clients
- Review of clinical case studies and treatment recommendations
- Access to business-savvy resources and exactly what you need to start and grow a private practice
- Skills to find your community, network with professionals, and increase referrals
- Tips to find your counseling style and keep clients coming back
- How to effectively work with treatment teams
- Work/life balance (or as I like to say work/life satisfaction!) This also includes processing feelings toward clients, assessing burnout, and setting career goals.
I also offer training for students and can provide advice about the dietetic internship. It’s never too early to explore education, training, and job advice in dietetics!
Supervision is a place for open and honest communication. Just like in nutrition counseling, I honor this space and feel privileged you have chosen to share part of your professional career with me. I look forward to getting to know you and help you achieve your goals.
You can register for individual sessions, as well as session packages for long-term supervision. All sessions are 45 minutes and are by appointment only. I do offer email support in between sessions, but note longer responses may be saved for our next appointment together.