The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Clara Nosek
Clara is someone who is making such a big difference in the world through her positive message of body liberation. She is unapologetically herself as she stands up for what she believes in. I’m honored to talk with her today about her work as a dietitian and activist, and how her mission is helping to truly make this world a better place.
This episode is unique in that we made a mistake in the first recording of the episode, and rather than editing it out we decided to leave it in and model how we are still continuing to grow and evolve ourselves. Activism work is messy, and we aren’t always going to get it right. You will hear the episode wrap up like it is done, and then we will come back on one more time to identify our mistake and have a short conversation around it.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- How cultural and personal beliefs affect our health perspective
- The need for “unlearning” what has been assumed to be true, and learning what real health and nutrition can look like for people from various backgrounds
- Recognizing the difference between good intention and actual impact on others
- How making mistakes is an opportunity to learn and grow
ABOUT CLARA NOSEK, RDN
Clara Nosek is an anti-diet registered dietitian nutritionist. She specializes in a weight inclusive, non-diet approach to health and nutrition. Her mission is to facilitate re-connection with the body and empower through food freedom. She is learning how to decolonize her perception of health in an effort to connect more fully to her roots, to herself, and ultimately to her clients. She believes redefining health is an act of self love and rebellion. She says that it is work, but it is totally worth it.
- Connect with Clara on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Activate Academia on Twitter
- Learn more about the SPICES model for self care
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.