The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Alexis Demuth
I felt so inspired after this interview with Alexis Demuth. Alexis’s story involves being laid off from her job and then starting a business just a week before Coronavirus began to shut the country down! If you are in a similar situation, I hope that this interview gives you hope and inspiration and maybe even the courage to finally get into business if it’s something that you’ve always wanted to do!
Those of us who already have an established business of our own are struggling right now too. COVID-19 has thrown so much of our “normal” out the window, and it can feel like we are starting from square one some days. I know we will get through this and the lessons we learn will make as better clinicians. I want to encourage you in that truth today, too.
If the world was ‘normal’, I would be calling my mom and calling my friends and making plans every which way. I don’t know if I would actually be giving this business everything I have. – Alexis
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Starting a business during the Coronavirus crisis
- Moving through the grief process and the nuances of feelings
- What Alexis’ business journey has looked like this past month
- The importance of continuing your business education
- Imposter syndrome
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
ABOUT ALEXIS DEMUTH, RD:
Alexis Demuth is a Registered Dietitian and Yoga Instructor. She started her dietetics career as a retail dietitian 2 years ago and has been teaching yoga for 7 years. After being laid off from her first job she dove head first into starting her private practice that focuses on bridging the gap between mind and body through gentle nutrition and vinyasa yoga. Connect with Alexis on Instagram and Facebook!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.