The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
In this week’s episode Amanda Bullat, owner of Alpine Nutrition, shares with us how she helps women break free from diet culture using the principles of intuitive eating and Health at Every Size. We talk about how Alpine Nutrition has evolved since its inception and how Amanda’s had to give both herself and her business plans grace during the pandemic.
Amanda’s approach to healing is so unique and inspiring. It was a breath of fresh air to explore that with her because, personally, I think that nature can be very, very healing. You’ll hear how passionate Amanda is about her mission as a anti-diet dietician and how she’s using her personal love for nature professionally in order to help active middle-aged women learn how to SAVOR food & their body.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The evolution of Amanda’s brand, ideal client, and marketing in her private practice
- The importance of nature in Amanda’s approach to healing
- Amanda’s professional goals as she continues to expand in her expertise.
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT AMANDA BULLAT
After receiving her Master’s of Science in dietetics from Bastyr University, Amanda Bullat, MS RDN CD LD, has spent over a decade honing her nutrition counseling and teaching skills in various settings including Washington State Extension Service, Whole Foods Market, primary care clinics, 21 Acres Center for Sustainable Eating-Living-Growing, the Seattle Mountaineers, and Seattle Culinary Academy.
With a seriously driven purpose to help people dismantle diet culture myths and reclaim their lives from disordered eating and excessive exercise, Amanda launched her own private nutrition counseling practice, Alpine Nutrition, in 2015. She went on to become a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Be Body Positive® facilitator in 2019.
When she’s not helping clients reclaim their intuitive eating skills, you can find her teaching Be Body Positive® workshops and hosting Savor Food & Body retreats. Her latest passion involves getting women outdoors to reconnect with their embodiment through hiking and backpacking.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.