March 11th is National Registered Dietitian Day!
This “holiday” is such a special day for all dietitians. Not only do we get to celebrate the work we do with clients, we get to celebrate our profession as a whole.
We all do incredible work as dietitians but, of course, I have a special place in my heart for business owners and dietitians that do eating disorders and Intuitive Eating counseling with clients. My own nutrition philosophy has evolved over time to support clients find resiliency and recovery. It’s such an honor to work with clients. However, all of you know I love working with dietitians that do this work through Pursuing Private Practice!
And speaking of Pursuing Private Practice, there are some really exciting things happening behind-the-scenes right now. I’m getting ready to announce some exciting changes this month so stay tuned!
In honor of Registered Dietitian Day, I have 3 ideas for you to help feature YOU and your business.
- Send out an email to celebrate RD Day! This can be through your email service provider OR a simple email from your gmail account. This email could include a link to the Academy’s RD Day announcement. Explain why you love being a dietitian and what you stand for. Include your mission of how you help clients or what your business does to serve others!
- Get social on social media. Connect with others and celebrate RD Day! I challenge you to go live, show up for your audience, and tell everyone why you’re so passionate about what you do as a dietitian.
- Set a goal for your career. This one may not be public (especially if you want to leave a job) but I encourage you to share your goals with other people. I know you decided to become a dietitian so you could make an impact in the lives of others and make a difference. I also know you need to be passionate about what you do and also make money doing it, which are not always easy! Ask yourself… do you want to change anything about where you are right now in order to reach a goal? Then go tell someone (and I welcome you to tell ME!)
Happy Registered Dietitian’s Day to all of my amazing dietitian colleagues.
Are you overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to get your own private practice started? The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.