The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
With the weight-inclusive, HAES and Intuitive Eating approach yet to become mainstream in our profession, the trend is seeing many dietitians moving to private practice in order to truly align with their values as a provider, make a difference in the world, and “succeed” on their own terms.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- If the definition of “success” truly means what you think it means.
- How success changes as your life and business changes.
- How being in private practice with you as the boss allows you to succeed at providing care that is impactful.
- Why dietitians need community and additional business and nutritional counselling skills training to have confidence to build a business.
We ask our clients to do hard work every single day in order to succeed at healing their relationship with food. We as private practice owners have to ask ourselves to do that hard work too, because growing a business is a journey that is hard and full of ups and downs but it’s sooo worth it.
The main message from this episode is this; if you have the passion to truly create success on your own terms, your business will be successful, and you WILL be making a difference.
The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
“Even if we have a room full of dietitians with different goals & definitions of success, our underlining theme is that all professionals feel some degree of success when we make a difference in someone’s life.”~@JenMcGurkRDN #pursuingprivatepracticeClick To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.