The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
With the weight-inclusive, HAES and Intuitive Eating approach yet to become mainstream in our profession, the trend is seeing many dietitians moving to private practice in order to truly align with their values as a provider, make a difference in the world, and “succeed” on their own terms.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- If the definition of “success” truly means what you think it means.
- How success changes as your life and business changes.
- How being in private practice with you as the boss allows you to succeed at providing care that is impactful.
- Why dietitians need community and additional business and nutritional counselling skills training to have confidence to build a business.
We ask our clients to do hard work every single day in order to succeed at healing their relationship with food. We as private practice owners have to ask ourselves to do that hard work too, because growing a business is a journey that is hard and full of ups and downs but it’s sooo worth it.
The main message from this episode is this; if you have the passion to truly create success on your own terms, your business will be successful, and you WILL be making a difference.
This episode is sponsored by Pursuing Private Practice® for Intuitive Eating. This training program is the ONLY course that teaches dietitians how to successfully grow a private practice that specializes in a non-diet approach.
Learn more about this program here!
“Even if we have a room full of dietitians with different goals & definitions of success, our underlining theme is that all professionals feel some degree of success when we make a difference in someone’s life.”~@JenMcGurkRDN #pursuingprivatepracticeClick To Tweet
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Training Programs for Dietitians
- 10 Mistakes Professional Make in Private Practice
- Build a Weight Inclusive Practice
- 5 Reasons Why Your Clients Binge Eat
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
Jennifer McGurk, RDN, CDN, CDE, CEDRD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist whose mission is to help dietitians Be the Dietitian you were Meant to Be. She is an expert in the field of eating disorders and also supervises other Registered Dietitians as an iaedp approved supervisor. She is the owner of Eat With Knowledge in Nyack, NY and leads a team of dietitians who support the philosophy, “Feel fabulous about food!”
Download her FREE resource on the top 10 mistakes professionals make in private practice.