The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Our work as anti-diet RDs makes such a difference in the world. But sometimes, it can feel lonely when there’s so much diet culture that we’re constantly fighting against.
This podcast episode is a little bit different. In this episode, I address a lot of the traditional storytelling around becoming a dietitian. I talk about why I wanted to become a dietitian in the first place, my internship, my first job, and building my private practice. I also talk about my own eating disorder recovery in this episode, which feels vulnerable. But I know it will be valuable. I have learned so many things in recovery that apply to how I manage my businesses today, and I want to reflect on that and share that with you today.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- My own eating disorder journey & recovery
- My internship at Johns Hopkins and how that contributed to my eating disorder
- Starting therapy & how the skills I learned translated to being able to start a private practice
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram