Baby boy #3 is coming to my family in May!!
I wanted to share some thoughts about why I am so passionate about being a working mom and what to expect from Pursuing Private Practice during my maternity leave!
I believe that motherhood makes me a better business owner…
…AND I believe that being a business owner makes me a better mom. I’m so grateful to have created a business that allows me to do both.
However, honestly, I will admit it’s hard to do both at full-time capacity. In fact, I think I would fail if I tried to do both full-time! Sometimes I need to take a step back from one in order to support the other. I know “you can have it all,” but I also think it’s important to recognize there will constantly be shifts in the balance. Sometimes you will be working a LOT and not focusing on family as much, and that’s fine! Other times, your family will need a ton of your attention and not everything will get done for work, and that’s fine, too.
Support is KEY.
Not only do I have a full team at Pursuing Private Practice helping me run the business, I have childcare and help at home to help me with motherhood.
I know myself very well and I expect to feel some anxiety and overwhelm as I make the transition from 2 kids to 3 kids. Because of this new focus in my family, I knew I needed to take some time off of work for maternity leave. It is truly hard to take a break from a business that I love so much!! That’s why I decided to bring in support for Pursuing Private Practice to “cover” my maternity leave. I know that I will be able to focus on my family if I know the dietitians in my programs are well taken care of.
Here is our Pursuing Private Practice maternity leave schedule!
**Elyssa will be covering all 3 supervision sessions for the months of May and June! The 2 other calls: Business Q and A and Business Self-Care will be on hold until July and replaced with these fabulous presentations!
- Tuesday, May 11th @ 12pm eastern, Annie Davis will present “Using Pinterest For Your Business”
- Wednesday, May 19th @t 12pm eastern, Elyssa Toomey will present “Using Somatic Work With Clients”
- Monday, May 24th @11am eastern, Taylor Moser will present “Your Business Brand”
- Thursday, June 3rd @ 12pm eastern, Julie Duffy Dillon will present “Your Enneagram Type as a Business Owner”
- Tuesday, June 8th @ 1pm eastern, Taylor Wolfram will present “Nutrition for Vegan Clients”
- Tuesday, June 15th @ 1pm eastern, Tamara Melton will present on “Storytelling in Business”
- Wednesday, June 16th @ 1pm eastern, Kimmie Singh will present on “Weight-Inclusive Considerations for Clients”
- Tuesday, June 22nd @ 12pm eastern, Jessica Setnick will present on “Moving Away From 1:1 Work”
- Thursday, June 24th @ 12pm eastern, Erica Leon will present on “Working with Mid-Life Clients”
- Wednesday, June 29th @ 1pm eastern, Lindsay Stenovec will present on “Balancing Work and Parenthood”
- Thursday, July 1st @ 2pm eastern, Bri Campos will present on “Body Image Work for Clients”
**We will have both a pre-presentation “question?” prompt for all maternity leave guests, as well as a post-presentation Q and A post to answer any questions. All guests will be in the Facebook group during their presentation week!
I will be back to full-time CEO status the week of July 5th!
Are you overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to get your own private practice started? The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!