The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
I really love this episode with Kathryn. Not only do we talk about business and her private practice, but we also talk about her going through maternity leave.
We talk about what she did to prep for maternity leave beforehand, how her maternity leave went, and what she came back to at her private practice. We had a very candid conversation about motherhood in general, really reflecting on what’s truly important to us as parents and how to incorporate business, life, and family when there’s a new baby.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Transitioning from weight-centric to a HAES approach
- Preparing for maternity leave
- How Kathryn’s maternity leave went
- Transitioning back into work after maternity leave
- Balancing motherhood and owning a business
Congrats on starting a private practice! I bet you’re so excited, but if you’re feeling overwhelmed with all of the advice coming at you from all over the place–I get it!
You can sign up for a free business plan roadmap that takes you through the key steps to start a business so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest behind (like setting up an expensive LLC!): https://www.pursuingprivatepractice.com/join
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT KATHRYN RINER
Kathryn Riner is a masters level educated, pediatric dietitian living in St. Louis, MO. She has 14 years of experience working both in her community and at a local US News and World Reports nationally ranked children’s hospital. In 2016 she opened her private practice, Healthy Kids Nutrition, LLC providing compassionate, individualized nutrition therapy to families. In 2019, Kathryn trained with Evelyn Tribole, a co-author of Intuitive Eating and became a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. Her mission is to help parents and kids have a positive relationship with food, so everyone can feel happy, healthy and confident around the table.