I can love on social media marketing AND want to throw my phone across the room.
Yep…. even in the same hour!!
On one hand, social media, particularly Instagram, has allowed me to connect with all of you.
I LOVE my DM’s and love hearing from you about your goals, questions, suggestions, and I also love seeing your posts!! You inspire me with all of your content and I love to surround myself with positive messages about food and body, business, and seeing people go after their dreams.
On the other hand, I sometimes struggle with my boundaries on social media.
You can find me checking my phone to numb out, distract, procrastinate, and go down the rabbit hole of comparison-itis. I will admit I am MUCH better now than I was a few years ago, but my phone still gets me sometimes.
I also think there are mixed results from social media marketing.
Some people use social media extremely well. The professionals that do this have strategy, branding, messaging, and are selling 95% perfectly!! This is why these professionals are able to adapt easily when the algorithm changes (as it does all. the. time.)
For other people, the time spent on social media doesn’t lead to a great return on their investment. They can spend hours on Instagram scrolling (vs. engaging) and analytics will tell them that it’s not paying off.
When it comes down to it, social media boundaries are key.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself (and how I keep myself in check!)
- How is social media going to help your business? (Use analytics to see if things are working.)
- What is your social media strategy? (Yes, you need one!)
- How much time do you want to spend on social media? (For me, I try to keep it under an hour most days.)
- How will you repurpose social media content? (I do this all the time!)
- Are you going to plan time to learn about recommended social media tools? (I’m learning about reels right now!)
- When are you going to take planned, scheduled social media breaks? (For me, it’s usually the weekends.)
Unless your business is centered around social media, chances are this last question is also incredibly important:
What are the other marketing strategies you will implement for your business besides social media?
Think these things over and then connect with me on Instagram!! Let’s keep each other accountable with the boundaries we’ve set!
Feel free to message me anytime. Like I said, I love my DM’s!!!