The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk and Guest Evelyn Tribole
I had the privilege of interviewing Evelyn Tribole for this episode of the podcast. This ended up being a pretty vulnerable interview for Evelyn. She was very open and honest about her journey and the evolution of Intuitive Eating.
One of the biggest takeaways that I hope you get from this episode is that it is okay to learn and grow and evolve and change! Even if you are an established business owner, there is still so much learning that we can do before we then take action, one of the most important steps when we learn new information.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- “When you know better, do better”
- The evolution of Intuitive Eating and writing the 4th edition
- Prioritizing family and self care
- Showing up with compassion and humility
- What’s next for Intuitive Eating?
- Diversify Dietetics Mentor Program
This episode of Pursuing Private Practice is sponsored by Jennifer’s free training, The Five Essential Business Strategies for Growth. Jennifer will teach you her own proven strategies to help you make money and make an impact in the world without all of the confusion or overwhelm. You will walk away from the training with your own personalized plan to get new clients to your private practice (and keep them coming back!). Sign up here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
ABOUT EVELYN TRIBOLE, MS, RD
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has written nine books including the bestsellers Healthy Homestyle Cooking and Intuitive Eating (co-author). Her newest book is the Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food.
Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for 6 years. She was contributing editor for Shape magazine where her monthly column, Recipe Makeovers, appeared for 11 years.
She is often sought by the media for her nutritional expertise and has appeared on hundreds of interviews, including: CNN, Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, Wall St. Journal and People magazine.
As a speaker, Evelyn is passionate and has been called, “Wonderfully wise and funny”, whether providing a keynote or full-day workshop.
Achievements and honors include, receiving the American Dietetic Association’s Award for Excellence in Private Practice. Many national magazines have rated Evelyn as one of the best nutritionists in the country including: Self, Harper’s Bazaar, and Redbook magazine.
Evelyn qualified for the Olympic Trials in the first ever women’s marathon in 1984. Although she no longer competes, Evelyn runs for fun and is an avid skier and hiker. She also enjoys surfing, kayaking and white water rafting. Evelyn’s favorite food is chocolate, when it can be savored slowly.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.