The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
You are going to love this episode. We recorded this episode one day before Courtney’s one-year business anniversary! We celebrate that accomplishment, and we also talk about the problems that Courtney has faced and the lessons she has learned over the course of the past year.
She has struggled with shiny object syndrome (my hand is also raised here!) and we talk about how that has shown up in her business and why shiny object syndrome is so common amongst private practice dietitians. We also talk about the importance of consistency on business growth and development.
Happy One-Year Business Anniversary to you, Courtney!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The importance of Self Care as a business owner
- Learning to not take business personally
- Shiny object syndrome and its detrimental effects on your business
Are you feeling burnt out and resentful of your private practice?
In this free 3-part video series, you will learn: what self-care means to you and WHY it’s so important, how to set financial boundaries so that you never undervalue your worth, and how to identify your own personal triggers in difficult situations so that you can know how to move forward when you feel stuck. Sign up at https://pursuingprivatepractice.com/selfcare/
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
MORE ABOUT COURTNEY DARSA
Courtney Darsa, MS, RD, CDN, CDCES is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator based in Manhattan. She received her bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from the University of Delaware, where she also completed her dietetic internship. Courtney holds a master’s degree in Nutrition Science from Stony Brook University and has over seven years of experience working in both in-patient and out-patient nutrition settings, where she specialized in eating disorder and disordered eating recovery, intuitive eating, and medical nutrition therapy.
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.