The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
In this episode:
Many of you have told me that you are interested in starting an online business, or at least adding a virtual component to your practice. But many of you are just unsure of how to get started doing that.
A less intimidating way to start to think of online business is just an extension of your current practice! There are so many different ways that you can dip your toes in: you could start a group program or create digital downloads or put together an online course, for example.
Lauren joined me on this episode to share her own journey starting and growing her own online business, The Food Fight Fam. She was able to turn her passions into a thriving business that is solving a problem that she cares about: connecting HAES dietetic students. We talk about the initial development of The Food Fight Fam, how it has grown, and where it’s going in the future.
If you are an online business owner or are considering starting one, this episode is for you!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What is The Food Fight Fam and how did it get started?
- How self-care makes you a better provider
- Listening to your gut as you build your business
- Connection and community
Want 3 new clients this week?! Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp Challenge to learn the 3 marketing strategies you need to land 3 new clients (and keep them coming back!). Get the details and join here!
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing you private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect on Facebook
- Connect on Instagram
ABOUT LAUREN BICKFORD, MS, RD, LDN
Lauren is an anti-diet Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and body image coach specializing in eating disorder recovery. She received a Master’s Degree in Food and Nutrition Science from Boston University and opened her own practice in 2019. The food fight isn’t about fighting with food, that part is over. Lauren is on a mission to help people heal their relationship with food and their bodies and find true freedom. Now her mission extends to supporting students and interns in a community of weight-inclusive providers-to-be in The Food Fight Fam.
- Learn more about Lauren and her business here
- Connect with Lauren on Instagram
- Follow along with The Food Fight Fam on Instagram
- Join the waitlist for The Food Fight Fam
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.