The Pursuing Private Practice Podcast with Jennifer McGurk
I loved recording this episode with Rebecca Lee. We talk about the complexities of building a business, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We talk about privilege and how that has impacted both of us in our abilities to build a business, and we talk about how that privilege shows up in our work.
Rebecca and I also have an important conversation about some of the black and white thinking that is so prevalent in the online business world, including a conversation around building a business without relying on social media.
There are a lot of great tips in this episode, especially if you are newer to the private practice world.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Building a business during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Financial privilege and double-income households
- Aligning expectations with the reality of building a private practice
- Using social media in a way that reflects our values
Dietitian Business School is a membership for dietitians that are growing a private practice and beyond! You’ll be joining a powerful group of dietitians who believe in a non-diet way of counseling.
There’s a collective energy among this group of dietitians rebelling against the dietitian “norm” to build a business and make money with a weight-inclusive approach to health. We do it differently, we’ll show you how!
Dietitian Business School includes business education and training, group coaching and group supervision, self-care, accountability, and community all in one. We encourage you to lean into the uncertainty and challenge yourself to do things for your business that will truly create change for you as a business owner. Come hang out with dietitians who will inspire you.
RESOURCES FROM JENNIFER
- Need more clients? Join our FREE Marketing Bootcamp!
- Download the FREE Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap
- Starting a private practice? Beginner Basics is for you!
- Growing your private practice? Dietitian Business School is for you!
- Connect with Jennifer on Facebook
- Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
ABOUT REBECCA LEE
Rebecca is a non-diet dietitian and certified intuitive eating counselor, based in San Francisco. She loves food, and wants you to love it too! Rebecca’s practice, InTwoEat, is rooted in fundamentals of balance, variety, and most importantly, satisfaction. She takes a weight-neutral approach and believes deeply that all foods fit.
In her free time, you can catch her shopping at the farmers market, or walking her gorgeous Golden Remy. Her food heroes are Ina Garten and Anthony Bourdain, who inspire her to share her passion for delicious eating with the world.
- Connect with Rebecca on Instagram
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.