It’s been one week since the “social media blackout”
That day where Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp were down all day. I learned many lessons that day, including how important it is to take a social media break when needed. But I realized that I truly do love connecting with everyone on social, especially since I’ve been personally running the @pursuing.private.practice Instagram account on my own all week while Meghan was out of the office (more about how Meghan and I split up responsibilities here!). I also saw how so many businesses were impacted in a negative way from missing just one day on social media.
As a business coach, I believe that you should not rely on a specific marketing channel to build your business. The best marketing strategy includes a mix of the following: local connections, networking, social media, email marketing, referrals, podcasting, SEO/website traffic, and word of mouth! Your marketing plan will depend on what you’re passionate about and where your ideal client is hanging out.
If you use social media for business, you may have noticed a new trend that is here to stay… REELS!
We have loved creating reels for the PPP Instagram account, and we have more to share soon. We came up with 3 tips for you to create a reel. We hope this helps since we have gotten a lot of questions about our process from all of you!
- Find trending audio to use for your reel. This is how you increase visibility online AND makes it so much more fun to contribute your creativity to what’s trending. When you’re scrolling through reels, check the bottom left corner next to the audio. If there are lines next to the music, it’s not trending. If there is an arrow pointing up next to the music, it’s trending – use this audio!
- Find a way to connect the trending sound to your overall brand message. What does your business stand for? Why is your mission important? How do you help your ideal client? It helps to have a document about your business mission, values, opinions, and beliefs written out ahead of time that you can refer to if you get stuck.
- Experiment with creating different types of reels. You can flip your phone and create a reel right there on Instagram! You can also record different videos and pull them together to create a reel. You want to make sure your text on the reel grabs someone’s attention within the first 3 seconds. Also remember to write your caption out, connect the caption to the reel message, and include a call to action for your ideal client.
It can be scary to do something out of your comfort zone but that’s what building a business is all about.
Connect with us on Instagram and we can’t wait to say hi!
Pursuing Private Practice offers so many different resources for non-diet dietitians who are starting and growing a business!
- The Dietitian Business Plan Roadmap is the guide that you need to start your private practice. Learn the 10 key steps you need to do in order to start your private practice with confidence. Download your FREE guide and get started today here!
- If you are actively growing a business, check out Marketing Bootcamp to learn how to set up a marketing plan.
- Check out our Self-Care Video Series to learn how to protect your boundaries as a business owner.